Saturday 27 February 2010

Another commission finished!


Well I worked yesterday and half the night and all day solidly on the retriever cross, she was such a pretty thing I just couldn't put her down!! I will post her once her owner has seen her. Just to explain why you haven't seen either the black pony or the quarter horse commission yet, I haven't had a chance to show them to their owners yet so they won't be here until approved. In the meantime, here's a little something I did a few years back. It's a plasticine maquette of a trotting Arab horse. It was only the second sculpture I had ever attempted and the first one of a whole horse. I know it is far from perfect and I never did anything with him (he sits amongst a few others I have attempted in the shed with his ears slightly bent over now where they have been knocked a few times!). I actually really enjoy sculpture but feel I must concentrate on getting the oil paintings somewhere near right before embarking once again on sculpture.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Elizabeth, I only wish I had more hours in a day to be able to do all the things I want to do and that includes sculpture, even if I only had time to play with it - dream on eh!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to make a comment on my blog.